Monday, October 11, 2010

The great pumpkin

I have no final photo from the 2010 pumpkin patch, but that's ok because it got all overgrown and you couldn't see everything anyway.  The final tally of successful pumpkins was 13.  We lost a couple on the vines, but I'd say 13 is a respectable number.  We already gave a few away to family and still have plenty to carve up.  Some of the vines clearly did better then others, but again since it was so overgrown it was tough to tell which pumpkins were attached to which vines. 
I should have taken better care to see what was where, but I'll see what I can remember.... Weed Destroyer ended up with 1 pumpkin. Gourdy had 1 pumpkin that died on the vine. Bird Fertilizer did the best with at least 5 pumpkins (all were great sizes). Seven had 2 pumpkins.  Trooper had 1.  I think Bob had 1 and Pumpkinerina Uno had 2.  While it's not scientific proof that bird droppings help fertilize a plant, it does paint a picture.  I'll throw some pics of the jack-o-lanterns up after we carve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment