Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pumpking Garden Days 1-3



Since I have two gardens, I thought I would add a blog for the pumpkin garden and keep it separate from the vegetable garden. For the most part, we have had a lot of success with pumpkins. Last year was a dud and we yielded no pumpkins. The two years prior we had 13 and 6 pumpkins. This year, we have planted 7 pumpkin plants. I did not use weed barrier and I pulled out all the weeds I could find. Obviously I will need to stay on top of the area so the weeds don't take over the pumpkins. Since we don't plan on eating the pumpkins, I wonder if we can just spray the area with weed-killer or will that damage the pumpkin plants as well?

My only concern right now with the plants is that their leaves are all very pale. They receive a ton of sunlight and I've been watering them regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment