Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chris Bantz Pumpkins - Week 2

Nothing much doin in the Chris Bantz Pumpkin Patch today. You can see that big patch of green weeds cropping up in the middle. That's going to get ugly if I allow it to continue. I went around the edges of the patch with weed killer, but I didn't want to spray too close to the pumpkin plants for obvious reasons. I think tomorrow I'll hit them with some miracle grow. I've often wondered if those little biodegradable pots hinder growth at all.  In the small amount of research I've done, I did not learn anything that supports that theory. Next year, I will test that theory by planting some with the pots and others without

Doing some research on that topic led me to this site which shows an excellent method for creating your own biodegradable pots, so you don't have to buy them. Excellent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment