Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby bluebirds

Seeing as how watching pumpkins grow is like watching water boil, I thought I'd talk about what's going on in the back yard. I caught momma bird feeding her babies. So I'm glad the open door didn't destroy the family. I was too slow with the camera to catch the mother feeding them, but you can kind of see the beak of one of the babies. While I was watching, I could see 3 babies inside vying for the hole waiting for their yummy morsels of bug lunch. Mom is waiting for me to vacate the area so she can silence their squawks of hunger:


They're growing very fast. The day the door was open, they looked all gross and feather-less, but peaking in now I can see they're starting to look like little birds instead of like a miniature Gollum: Precious....my precious!
Well, not quite, but you get my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment