Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I hope something interesting happens with the pumpkin patch...

The pumpkin patch sees less and less activity each day.  But as I mentioned in a previous post, I don't like to give up on my plants. So even though this pumpkin plant got it's head ripped off, I left the stem in the ground and low and behold....new growth! Yeah!!  I'm not sure it has enough time to get big and strong and produced pumpkins for this year, but I love the huge leaves on these plants so we'll see what happens.

This is the healthiest and fastest growing pumpkin plant in our patch. Reading up on pumpkins I found this site.  It didn't answer my question of "how big should my pumpkin plant be during the 2nd week of June in CT?" But lets face it...what website can answer that question?

No comments:

Post a Comment