Tuesday, June 8, 2010

slow day in the chris bantz pumpkin patch

Not much going on with the pumpkin patch.  The picture is of the biggest pumpkin plant so far. The soil looks very dry, but I just watered it last night. There's still tons of weeds...my rake trick is ok, but there's soooo many of them. I've even noticed weeds growing under my weed barrier in the vegetable garden.... how the heck does that happen? I thought the point of the weed barrier was to prevent weeds.  Solarization sounds effective and safe. I think I will try this technique out and see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. We had the same thing happen last year with our bluebirds. We believe another type of bird got in than nest and destroyed the eggs. The bluebirds never came back.

    This year we put in a new house and have already had 2 broods.

    ReplyDelete